Saturday, August 10, 2013

Skin care for men (on a kinda budget)

Hey Bitches!!  Whats up with your bad selves!!!  I know, I have been away for a long time; but guess what its summer and ummm I don't get paid for this.  (tweet my brother @blueandorange17So, how has all of your summers been going?  Can you believe its almost over?  Ok, no back to why you are here; today I'm going to tell you about my facial skin care.  All on a moderate budget, somethings you have no choice but to cough up the cash for, other's well read on and find out.  As usual there will be pictures for any of you that care to use these items.

Disclaimer!!!!  These are products I use, I am not a paid spokes person for any of these companies (unless of course you want to pay me then you can find my contact info down below).  Just saying before I get more comments saying I sound like a commercial.  LOL

Growing up as a wee child, I didn't think much about my skin and what was going to happen to it.  Shee's was I stupid!  So here I am, a 31 year old man dealing with the issues of a childhood, adolescents, and mid twenties damaging my face to the point of no return.  It hit me at the age of, I wanna say 25 (when I had my mid-mid life crisis), that I needed to start taking better care of my skin.  Now like most people I had a moderately rough time durning puberty with acne.  I tried everything available from over the counter, to something my doctor would give me.  This was of course before the wonder of Proactive.  But then I hit late teens and the acne only became an every now and again problem; I thought I was in the clear and all of that horrible pimple crap was behind me.  Oh, was I wrong.  Flash to me at 25 with an oily face and as many pimples as I did in high school.  I was so pissed off, so back I went to my local CVS (those of you who know me know I have a sick obsession with that store) and I walked down that skin are aisle and to my horror looked for the things I used as a teenager.  The horror was the prices of these items I thought nothing of telling my parents to get me when I ran out of them.  I quickly went from name brands to store brands, and I started my quest to fix this mess that was my face. 



Now that you all are feeling my pain, I'm gonna tell you what I started with (experimental phase), and what I am now currently using to keep my face so fresh and so clean clean.  I kind of went up and down the aisle looking at the brand name items trying to figure out what I was gonna use.  On closer inspection, I noticed that all the store brands said to compare to  XYZ name brands, so being an "informed" shopper (cheap) I did.  Finally, I settled on CVS brand acne face wash, which I still use till this day.  As time went on my acne decreased but I was still an oily mess; so I thought I needed something else, and that something else turned out to be exfoliation.  Back I went to my favorite store in the whole world (again I'm totally serious) and picked up CVS brand exfoliating face wash.  In my trail and error phase of skin care, I made a pretty big error and exfoliated everyday.  That handled my my oil problem and kind of left my skin very dry, with patches of scaly skin.  Then came the joy of finding a moisturizer.  Both of these products usually run about $4-5 each, but with my card they usually are buy one get one half off, so I stock up then.

Now that my skin was peeling off in places I panicked, I called one of my friends who works for a big

name department store that has a skin care line they sell.  This is where I tell you my budget kinda went out the window.  So, he suggested I start using Zirh rejuvenate anti aging cream.  Me in a panic ran to the store and purchased this tiny little tub of cream and let it work its magic.  Within a couple days my skin was nice and soft and tighter (in my opinion).  I of course was then obsessed with this cream.  It runs about $40 a tub, but it lasts a couple months.  Then to my dismay, the store I normally bought it at, and pretty much al stores by me stopped selling these products.  Once again in a panic I call my friend and he tells me that he switched to the LAB line of mens skin care.  So I march my fat ass over to the store and purchase the LAB daily moisturizer with SPF 15 (around $20), and to be honest I wasn't the hugest fan of it.  It felt very thick on my face and did not absorb into my skin how I was used to. I think its because of the sun block, which I know is important, but I didn't feel or want it everyday.  I figured I would go back online and see if maybe just maybe someone would be selling a secret stock pile of my ZIRH cream.  And to my delight Amazon was and cheaper then it was in the stores!!!  SCORE!!!.  On days that I know I am going to be in the sun a lot I do still put the LAB product on because it protects my cute ass face!!



What you say no face masks and or night time products!!??!!  Of course I do.  So, for a long time I was very hesitant about using face masks; but then a good friend of mine put one on my face and I was hooked.  Currently I use a clay face mask with Acai berries in it for calming effects on my face (it's a whopping $4.99) .  I must say when I get that mask on I love it when it dries so much I can barely move my face.  Once it gets to that part, I leave it on even longer just to make sure everything gets out my skin.  I'm not sure if thats how its supposed to be done but thats how I'm doing it!  After all of that work I realized that I probably do some work on my face at night.  I went back to the store to see what my options were.  I spoke to the woman at the counter and explained that I am a prone sleeper (face in the pillow, I can just hear the jokes coming from that one) and what type of cream I liked on my face (see previous parenthesis).  So, the two of use chose the LAB night time recovery cream (approx $20) and I love it.  Its smooth and it absorbs quickly.  One day i was talking to my cousin and fellow N.E.R.D. Melissa and she asked me if I used eye cream.  I told her no and ask why, then had a nervous break down that my eyes made me look older then I am.  I came to and brought myself to my favorite store in the whole wide world CVS and bought Neutrogena's rapid wrinkle repair eye serum (about $20 but it lasts forever).  With in a few days no more bags and my eyes looked 25 all over again.  



The last thing I wanted to talk to you about is the newest piece of equipment that I currently use on my face, and that is the Neutrogena micrdermabrasion system.  (approx $15.99)  This thing is a miracle machine.  Like the box says after one use, you have clearer smoother skin.  It works so well and does everything those expensive machines can do.  I basically use it once a week, I wash my face, use the wand hop in the shower exfoliate, then put the clay mask on, then rinse and moisturize because your face it super absorbent at this point.  I usually do this if I have the next day off as well because it brings up all of the imperfections that are hiding under your skin.  But my skin feels so smooth and refreshed after that, and its cheaper then a spa day.  (Hence budget, Kinda).












Once again I would just like to point out that this IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FOR ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS.  So before someone goes, "Oh, this read like a commercial!" it's not.  If anyone reading this wants to pay me for my reviews, please be my guest!!  My twitter handle will be down below.  My twitter handle is not just there for endorsements, it for my readers to follow and tweet me.  I love it when you guys tweet me about ideas, or the fact that I haven't put up a blog all summer!!  I'd love to hear from you guys!!  




 So thanks again for stopping by and reading my blog.  As usual don't forget you can follow me on twitter @bigq1118 on instgram @bigq1118 and  vine once again @bigq1118.  Don't forget to like on Facebook underrated heroes . Later Bitches!!!!
















3 comments:

  1. Great! This is a really helpful post since I'm thinking to change my whole skincare products :D
    Best Natural Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men's face care is turning into additional and additional necessary currently because the skin care merchandise for men niche is turning into one among the quickest growing markets within the world, for more information click here hammam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog
    great information
    Cosmetology Diploma
    ,Advance Diploma in Cosmetology,Grand Master in Cosmetology
    Decontamination and Infection Control, Different Massage Manipulation, Nail Theory.

    ReplyDelete