Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm pumped for Injustice: Gods Among Us



**SPOILERS AHEAD**
Hey guys, I am back once again from another hiatus.  I know all 12 of you have missed me because without my presence this site has lost all credibility.  We have one guy with a split personality disorder/Messiah Complex and another guy hoarding his Girlfriend's 3DS or buying absurd amounts of girl scout cookies depending on his mood.  Obviously this place has hit rock bottom without me.

*Clears Throat*

"How does that feel you pale freak?"
Quick Plot Summary

OK, with that out of the way I can finally talk about a game that I am pumped about.  That game being Injustice.  Injustice's plot focuses on Joker blowing up Metropolis killing both Lois Lane, their own born child, and Jimmy Olsen. This little event causes Superman to cross the line and kill Joker by casually shoving his whole arm through Joker's chest.  What follows, from what I have seen of the comics, is a story similar to Justice Lords from the old Justice League cartoon show.  Essentially Superman becomes God dishing out his own brand of justice because he feels that by giving these ruffians a free pass he lets them rack up a higher kill count.  Sound logic.

Gameplay

If the plot doesn't tickle your fancy maybe the stellar gameplay and roster can.  The game is made by the superb team over at NetherRealm Studios, who most recently successfully rebooted the Mortal Kombat franchise.  NetherRealm has shown in the past and now that they are highly competent when it comes to fighters and I had a great time playing the demo that got released today on XBOX and PS3.  I am not the best at fighting games and was expecting to get my ass whooped pretty hard, but that didn't happen.  I first played through the demo on medium and found myself besting the CPU pretty easily, it's accessible.  After a couple of rounds to get my bearings I started to take in how crisp the game play and graphics are.  I played through the demo twice, once as Wonder Woman and once as Batman, and both characters played differently.  Wonder Woman would pick up the air conditioner vent and smash it on her opponent, Batman would place a bomb on it. Little things like that make a game and the fine folks at NetherRealm obviously now the characters.  The stages themselves are intractable which offers several ways to play the game.  Kick Lex off the roof into a helicopter, punch Batman through a wall, throw Wonder Woman into a tanker full of acid, all of these options are available for you and can help you turn the battle in your favor.  Also shipping with the game is a S.T.A.R. Labs mode.  This mode is according to NetherRealm fan service in it's purest form.  All the characters will have 15 S.T.A.R. Labs missions that will offer up fan service as well as flesh out the story a bit. So the game looks to have stellar plot and will have a load of content that's good, but a game/story is only as good as the characters in it.

Roster

The roster of Injustice is filled with both iconic DC heroes and some faces that I did not expect to see in the game.  You have your obvious choices such as Batman and Superman and the not so obvious inclusions, like Raven and Killer Frost.  All these characters will play a huge part in the story I am sure, so I will be posting a picture and a link to a character biography to help you get acquainted with them.






Aquaman



Ares



Bane


Batman


Black Adam



Catwoman


Cyborg


Deathstroke


Doomsday


The Flash


Green Arrow


Green Lantern


Harley Quinn


Hawkgirl


The Joker

Killer Frost


Lex Luthor


Nightwing


Raven


Shazam



Sinestro


Solomon Grundy

Superman


Wonder Woman


(DLC CHARACTERS)


There you have it ladies and gentlemen, most likely just gentlemen, I hope that I helped you guys with your purchase of the game whether that is you going to the midnight launch or saving the 60 dollars.  Injustice should be a fun game to play for fighting game and DC comic fanatics alike.

If you want to hear the rantings of a sociopath you can follow me on twitter @Nick_Willy  .  Also feel free to add me to PSN: Nick_Nasty_49  or XBOX: DirtyTubeSock4.  When the game comes out you guys can show me how to play it properly. Stay Frosty.


1 comment: