Sunday, April 14, 2013

I think I like this show....

Update: minor revisions were mind while in a clearer state of mind ;) hey, sh*t happens

Hello all. I have been a bad blogger and neglected my #BuckarooBonazai picture review. It's coming, I swear(?). Full disclaimer: I am writing this post while wearing silky faux pajama pants and drinking (more than a few) Blue Moons. Don't worry, I hate myself too. Sidenote: I hated myself so much more when I woke up for work the next day. Ouch. 

Butttttt, I just had to write about "How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life)." Nothing better than a correctly capitalized TV show title and funky young fonts! Just kidding, but I do believe that it's the frontrunner for my Hangover TV series.




As you may remember (or not), I don't have cable. I watch this show on Hulu Plus, but you can watch it on ABC. In typical "Hangover TV" fashion, I wouldn't recommend watching it live, but as the frontrunner, it would be the show I most recommend watching live (which doesn't say much, just watch it online). 


Here's the premise per ABC


Polly is a single mom who has recently divorced. The transition hasn't been easy for her, especially in this economy. So, like a lot of young people living in this reality, she and her daughter have moved back home with her eccentric parents, Elaine and Max. But Polly and her parents look at life through different generational lenses. Polly (in contrast to how she was raised) aspires to be organized and together, while Max and Elaine live a more free-flowing, improvisational life-style.  

Holy hell ABC, way to suck all the fun of this show. Because it's a funny show. And it seems fairly original, which is good enough for me. BUT clearly ABC is trying to make a play for the millennials, which OK, but no need to depress us any further with this copywriting. Or maybe ABC is targeting the parents of millennials, because they're in this mess too. Either way, take it easy. 

In typical Hangover TV fashion, here's what I think:

    Nobody actually wears their hair like this. 
  • It's funny. This show is funny....have I said that before? Maybe, but you should totes still watch it. Sarah Chalke's character is funny. Sarah is probably best known for her character on Scrubs, but I don't really remember that show so you'll have to let me know if her acting is better here. Polly's hair is mad annoying (like we get it, she doesn't have her shit together). 
  • I like those grandparents. Well, we already know that the actors playing the grandparents are funny, since ABC subtly gave us the awardz drop on their website. But either either way, I love those kooky grandparents, even if I can't relate (because whose grandparents act like that, seriously). 
  • It's short. Who really needs longer than 30 minutes of this? I sure don't, because I've got things to do. It makes it easy to stack procrastinating. I can dip my toe in the procrastination pool for a half hour and then decide if I'd like to get in a little deeper. 
Anyways, I am only two episodes into the show - and I think at this point that's all the episodes that have aired. The pilot was a bit over the top, but the second episode toned it down, which is always a good sign. So think about adding it to your Hangover TV roster, because I know I already have. Mindless entertainment, what more can you ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment